Planned giving is a type of charitable giving that allows you to express your personal values through a gift to San Jacinto College Foundation. By planning for your gift you can endow dreams for future generations.
Foundation scholarships are established by donors and can be named in memory or in honor of the donor, a loved-one, or an organization. An endowed scholarship is a lasting way to perpetuate the legacy of those who believe in giving others the gift of education.
- Interest and/or dividends will be awarded as scholarships to students
- Students fill out the STARS application
- A committee of board members, community members and San Jacinto College staff will rank the applications and Foundation staff will award the scholarships based on the rankings
- $500 per scholarship will be awarded to selected students
- If $25,000 is reached in memory of a certain individual, a new endowed scholarship can be created in the name of that individual
For more information please click here
** Donors should seek charitable gift planning advice from professional with integrity, expertise, and experience in law, investments, property, tax and charitable transfers in order to assure both the technical merits of the transfer and philanthropic quality of the gift.**